We’re Empowering the Next Great Civic Leaders…
And we’re already making a powerful impact by leading change within Eastern Fairfield County communities! To us, becoming a civic leader is all about understanding that local efforts have a global reach, and it all begins with creating local leadership opportunities that put women’s skills and passion to work right here in our communities. If you’re interested in developing civic leadership skills while collaborating on important efforts with a group of like-minded women, you’re in the right place!
The Junior League is a Highly Respected Organization with an Extraordinary Legacy…
And our league, The Junior League of Eastern Fairfield County, is very proud of that historic reputation, but as society changes, we adapt and evolve. We strive to put our venerable values to work in modern ways; demonstrating our pride and perpetuating our legacy by serving as a powerful voice for action, justice and change throughout the greater Bridgeport area. Together, we are working to empower our members to volunteer, train, and develop their potential within the League. We are committing to reaching our 2023 goal of fundraising, adding value and opportunities to our members, and creating a new and impactful Signature Project. The women of Eastern Fairfield County will lead this important initiative. Will you be one of them?
Join the movement that’s dedicated to creating change, empowering leaders, and impacting the communities of Eastern Fairfield County.
Become a Driving Force of Change Within Your Community
We accept new members in the summer and fall of each year, and our application period is now OPEN. When new members apply, they are invited to join a year-long Provisional class that provide them with the tools and information they’ll need to play a crucial role in the Junior League of Eastern Fairfield County’s current community goal of healthy families, healthy futures.
The Junior League of Eastern Fairfield County’s Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be 21 by the last day of the calendar year to be eligible for membership.
- Applicants must reside within Eastern Fairfield County.
Expectations for New Members (Provisionals) joining the League
A prospective member is encouraged to attend a New Member Open House/ Social to meet and mingle with other leaguers and have any open questions addressed. These events are listed on JLEFC.org under the Events tab and run once or twice a month from July to December.
- Prospective Member must complete an online application form and submit it as soon as possible after the Junior League year begins (July 1). The final application deadline is Friday, December 22nd, 2023.
- Pay 2023-2024 New Member dues of $185 at the time of application plus $25 for a volunteer tee shirt and permanent name badge.
- Complete the Provisional Member Orientation Program, designed to help new Provisionals learn about JLEFC’s League structure and programs, including the following:
- New members Kick-off Retreat (Jan 20, 2024)
- New members Project Kickoff in 2024 (TBD)
- New members Community Partner Volunteer Activity (February 24, 2024)
- New members Community Partner Night (March 7th, 2024)
- League wide Volunteer-a-Thon event – (March 23rd, 2024)
- Annual Dinner (May 16th, 2024)
- Two General Meetings or other Volunteer Activities All New Provisionals must complete the Program during their first year to advance to Active Membership in the following League year. During that first year, they are free to attend any other events listed on the League Calendar.
- All New Members must complete the Program during their first year to advance to Active Membership in the following League year. During that first year, they are free to attend any other events listed on the League Calendar.
- Pay 2024-2025 Active Member dues of $185 due June 1, 2024.
- Commit to responding in a timely fashion to emails/texts from Leadership or other leaguers
Eligible and Ready to Apply?
We are now open for new applications for the 2023/2024 year. New Member Application Form
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
To learn more about our work and discover more opportunities to get involved, visit our Community page.